Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wednesday


The morning we left Hawaii there was a glorious rainbow arching over the Ko’olau Mountains. Its base shimmered at the end of our street. For the first time in my life I literally drove through the end of a rainbow, an auspicious beginning to our journey to be sure. After leaving Munich we headed to the Baurenhof of the Moser Family in Southern Bavaria. Greeted by Frau Möser, we shown our beautiful room on the second floor. I took this picture of a rainbow off our balcony-a little bit of Hawai’i right here in Bavaria.

The Baurhof is set in a lush green Valley near the town of Grainbach. It is a bed and breakfast affair with a common dining area on each floor. Frau Moser is a wonderful host and her husband is equally delightful. Each morning we are greeted with fresh breads, cheese made right on the farm, and a selection of hams, prosciutto, and other meets. What a great place to stay!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had saved my Deutschmarks and been you manservant for this trip. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete